Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The epic ride
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 19:30 
User

Well I am stil getting me breath back

What can I say? 195 miles of stunning scenery ,. testing climbs and Wheee-heee down hills :cloud9:

Bregenz on the shores of Bodensee? Aboslutely goregous., The Swiss "riff raff" had us ride up part way Pfinder for fun, Blimey. :yikes: Joachim and Siegli (twins - identical.. - runs in that Swiss family :popcorn:) are 12 months older than me and I felt "old and past it" by comparison. :roll:

We rode through the Bregenzerwald to some pretty village where we stayed overnight and then took the bus to another part of the "circuit" My wife Alice .. along with other Swis spouses ferried the bikes on the camper vans etc. We then rode the Stubenpass to Lech and then the Vorarlberg Pass to St Christoph /St Anton before taking the twisty Silvretta :cloud9:

I have to say this is one truly lovely part of the world .. If anyone plans any holiday .. walkng .. driving . cycling.. horseriding.. .. then this is one area to think of. :cloud9: Lovely.

I indulged in my other hobby . landscape photograhy. I took some on a digital SLR and some on a traditional 35 mm film SLR. I will update this thread wit photos later when I have viewed and taken time to evaluate my photos.

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The epic ride
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 00:35 
User

It was an epic. OK..charity .. I did it. Despite the training .. and I forgot.. they'd train too :censored:

I came in :censored: LAST. My paltry excuses? I paused to take photos to treasure :hehe: IG's right .. gorgeous scenery. Personally .. I prefer the gentle rolling hills/fells melange of Cumbria to the steep gradients around the Silvretta.

But the sheer beauty . the support of the folk in all the villages :bow: Wonderful :bighand: :drink2:

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 02:44 
Site Admin

Well Done, look forward to the photo's :)
Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 20:54 
User

Cheers Claire.

The Silvretta (High Alpine Road) is just awesome tp ride and drive. It's a toll road .. purely because of the maintenance at this level. The views of the Silvretta and Montafon valleys? Jawdropping appreciation of pure beauty. Hohes Rad and Piz Buin . we were lucky to see in clear blue sky sun astoundment.

Photos still doing the family rounds. I will upload their top 5 .. and Ted says I can post up to Members a rather amusing video of him swearing up a climb.. and falling asleep face down into his Roesti supper :lol:

We say the Swiss hooligans "cheated". This area's close to Appenzell. They spent a lot of holidays in this this area (ski haunt of Hemingway :wink:) We got "trounced"of cou course // Ruddy Swiss :censored:

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.