Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 07:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 19:48 
Site Admin

Topic : After 35K NIPS are refunded, and further investigations, by the Independent Police Commission, two operatives are found to have made mistakes on paperwork and a further 2115 NIPS are refunded. The operatives are only given a ticking off!

Journalist: M Squires
Lancashire Eve Post : http://www.lep.co.uk

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 09:04 
User

I also had contact with the Lancashire (preston) SCP who issued me with a NIP relating to my previous vehicle which had been detected breaking a speed limit. I had disposed of this vehicle 18 months previously to a dealer and had informed the DVLA of the sale/transfer. After much correspondence with the complaints office and the C/Constable (no response) and two phone calls from them (the first of which they could!nt trace,I thought all calls were monitored,) I was provided with an application to complain to the IPCC but they knew that after 28 days there is a cut off time and therefore my complaint could only be recorded as command and control. All who dealt with my complaint were civillians and in their last letter to me they opologised but now quoted "my present vehicle" as the one being on the NIP. A complete and utter shower of a force and I told them so. The worst of all of those who I have dealt with. I pitty those in Lancashire. OLLIE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 19:23 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ollie wrote:
I also had contact with the Lancashire (preston) SCP who issued me with a NIP relating to my previous vehicle which had been detected breaking a speed limit. I had disposed of this vehicle 18 months previously to a dealer and had informed the DVLA of the sale/transfer. After much correspondence with the complaints office and the C/Constable (no response) and two phone calls from them (the first of which they could!nt trace,I thought all calls were monitored,) I was provided with an application to complain to the IPCC but they knew that after 28 days there is a cut off time and therefore my complaint could only be recorded as command and control. All who dealt with my complaint were civillians and in their last letter to me they opologised but now quoted "my present vehicle" as the one being on the NIP. A complete and utter shower of a force and I told them so. The worst of all of those who I have dealt with. I pitty those in Lancashire. OLLIE

Hi Ollie. :welcome:

Sorry if I missed something from your post but did you face, or are you currently facing, this NIP complete with points and fine? If so, you may want to take a look at pepipoo if you haven't been there yet. ;) and post your question/problem.

Take care

Tony Image

You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.