It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Copied from Pepipoo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 21:51 
New User
New User

Quote:
Hello all,
I was stopped tonight for speeding by a police officer, 47mph in a 30 mph limit, not even sure I could of got to that speed in my car in the distance I had but that's what he said.

It was at 19.20 hours, the police officer wrote on the ticket 07.20 hours.

He parked his car in a side road, had walked across the main road to stand doing his speed checks on the pavement, his car was out of view.

It was dark and he had no hi viz jacket on, all I saw as I drove up the road was a red wand being waved up and down which made me speed up to get past as I thought it was someone trying to flag me down.

I'm female and 5'2" so I wasn't going to hang about, at the last moment I saw it was a police officer so I pulled right off the main road into the road he was parked in, and was given my ticket.

I am a single parent of 4 and can't afford the £60 ticket, could I take the court route and use the incorrect information he put down, or that he wasn't visible at all?

I am testing that same small section of road later to see if I could even get up to that speed in that distance.

He did say I could go the court route, but that would cost me more, because he would win.

Thanks!
TNO

From this PePiPoo thread.

Post truncated for legibility, by moderator
S

Profile Send private message