Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:39 
User

:gatso2:From Parentdish -

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2014/10/16/ ... d%3D300819

Police held up a woman in labour at gunpoint after they pulled her up for speeding - on her way to hospital!

Heavily pregnant Rachel Kohnen and her husband Ben feared she would give birth in their car if they didn't get to the hospital in time.So – as you would - Ben put his foot down and drove 30 miles over the speed limit.

You can only imagine how their hearts sank when they saw the flashing lights of a police car behind them on the freeway in Fort Dodge, Iowa.

But the couple decided they had to press on, and so ignored the blaring sirens.

Ben told local news: "He starts following me and he turns on his lights an my wife says we can't pull over. The baby is coming now."

Rachel added: "I told him not to stop. I was screaming, 'Oh dear God, we can't have the baby in the car'."

Clearly fearing a bigger threat than a mum about to give birth, police set up a roadblock and threw down tyre spikes – which had the desired effect and brought the couple to a halt.

The officers pulled their guns on the terrified couple and ordered Rachel to the ground – before they finally realised she had a baby on the way.

They then went into rescue mode and rushed the couple to hospital where – happily - Rachel gave birth to her fourth child, Hazel, who weighed a whopping 10lbs.

Fortunately, both mum and baby are doing well. Unfortunately, Rachel and Ben may still face criminal charges for their desperate actions.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 23:32 
Site Admin

Humm if she had called 911 and reported their dilemma then they Police might have been able to provide assistance than a chase.
Very silly of them not to stop no matter how the lady felt! But I can appreciate the fellas double concern!
If the UK there is a mercy allowance but not heard of it being put into use... however all the latest ambulance delayed responses might see it become highly activated over the coming months!

Profile Send private message