It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 03:28 
Site Admin

SafeSpeed wrote:
This press notice just in:

The Legal Guys News Facility

The plot sickens. It turns out that this supposed 'Legal Guys' PR was a very odd and inaccurate document. I believed that I had received it from Simon Tonks, who I know and who is quoted, however it transpires that it came from a hotmail address with 'Simon Tonks' fradulently shown. Here is the email as received with full headers:

================================
-------- Original Message --------
Return-Path: <thelegalguys@hotmail.co.uk>
Received: from hotmail.com (bay1-f4.bay1.hotmail.com [65.54.245.4])by secure29.schmolie.com (8.10.2/8.10.2) with ESMTP id j229G1926189for <psmith@safespeed.org.uk>; Wed, 2 Mar 2005 01:16:01 -0800
Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC;Wed, 2 Mar 2005 01:16:00 -0800
Message-ID: <BAY1-F46D3C11D8089FB5CB140D905A0@phx.gbl>
Received: from 62.232.7.147 by by1fd.bay1.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP;Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:15:16 GMT
X-Originating-IP: [62.232.7.147]
X-Originating-Email: [thelegalguys@hotmail.co.uk]
X-Sender: thelegalguys@hotmail.co.uk
To: psmith@safespeed.com
Subject: Our Hero is a no show at Court
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:15:16 +0000
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_697_3d3b_1ab6"
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 02 Mar 2005 09:16:00.0300 (UTC) FILETIME=[73354EC0:01C51F08]
X-Mozilla-Status: 9001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-UIDL: $Up"!>Cd"!bO1!!1`M"!

Paul,

thought you and your readers might be interested in the result of a case
that went to Birmingham Magistrates Court yesterday. I'm aware that your
website has been following the developments in this case.

The bad news is that the NOSTO bloke was a no show.

SimonT.
======================================

'The Legal Guys' PR was attached as a Word document. The document has been examined in detail and has not revealed any further information.

I don't even understand how this email routed to me with 'psmith@safespeed.com' in the 'to' field. I don't own safespeed.com.

David Edgar has recently launched a web site: http://www.notsoaccurate.com . On the subject of this PR David's web site says:

02/03/05 Defendant receives press release from "The Legal Guys" who falsely claimed that Defendant did attend Court on the 1st March 29005 but left when his case was called. Having attempted to establish who The Legal Guys were it would appear that no one has ever heard of them, this fuels the speculation that the press release has been published by the establishment in a rather amateurish attempt to discredit the Defendant.

In response to the false statement: The Defendant did not attend the Birmingham Magistrates' Court on the 1st March 2005 because he was at home on the advice of his medical advisors, the Court was well aware that he would not be attending as he had written to them on two occasions submitting medical certificates.

The trial listed for the 1st March 2005 was listed for two hours and not a full day and was intended to deal with the Section 172(3) offence of allegedly failing to identify the driver, it was not as stated by the false statement as intending to deal with the speeding offence which had already been dropped by the CPS for obvious reasons.

Since the Court has thus far failed to notify the Defendant of the outcome of the proceedings he is unable to comment upon the suggestion that it went ahead in his absence, should this subsequently prove to be correct an immediate appeal will be launched to both the Crown Court and the High Court.

With regards to the comment made by Simon Tonks who is a member of the Association of British Drivers it has now emerged that he did not make any such statement and had no idea that his name had been used in the press release Mr. Tonks has now joined in the search for "The Legal Boys".

With regard to the campaign against the Gatsometer speed cameras nothing has changed, the fight will continue regardless.

Should any one know of the whereabouts of "The Legal Guys" the Defendant and Mr Simon Tonks would be interested to receive such information as both now intend to sue the individual(s) responsible for malicious falsehood.

What do you make of that folks? Strange isn't it?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:13 

SafeSpeed wrote:
...I don't even understand how this email routed to me with 'psmith@safespeed.com' in the 'to' field. I don't own safespeed.com.

If you look in the headers you will see that it was actually routed to "safespeed.org.uk" - the apparent destination address was an alias in the same way that the source was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:20 
Site Admin

JT wrote:
SafeSpeed wrote:
...I don't even understand how this email routed to me with 'psmith@safespeed.com' in the 'to' field. I don't own safespeed.com.

If you look in the headers you will see that it was actually routed to "safespeed.org.uk" - the apparent destination address was an alias in the same way that the source was.

Except I thought the 'to' field controlled the routing. In fact, if it doesn't, what the hell does?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:26 

I'm betting your org.uk address was in the BCC field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 13:23 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The case was being heard in Birmingham, and this email originated from a Birmingham IP... coincidence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 13:51 
Gold Member
Gold Member

On his website David Edgar wrote:
18/03/05 Having established who "The Legal Guys" are the Defendant serves notice on them with respect to claiming damages for defamation of character.

Bottom of http://www.notsoaccurate.com/Page%201.htm. Sounds like he's found out whodunnit.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 06:45 
User

:gatso2:
The latest from David Edgar

http://www.notsoaccurate.com/Page%2020.htm
It would appear that our legal rights really don't matter when being accused of speeding. David successfully uses the Human Rights Act & Data Protection Act here to force disclosure of scamera 'evidence' arguing that failure to disclose is a breach of Article 6, Human Rights Act '88 - "Right to a fair trial" because witholding the pictures prevents the accused from using a statutory defence to section 172 (3) Road Traffic Act 88.

Needless to say the West Mids Scamerati were outraged but given the threat of a Malicious Prosecution action they caved in and provided the pictures.

This now sets an important precedent whereby you HAVE the right to see the alleged evidence held against you.

The 'House of Scamerati' is beginning to crumble.

Well done David Edgar! :clap1::clap1::clap1:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 02:19 

The only thing that annoys me is that you have to pay to see the evidence.

In Victoria we have always been able to see the photo, by going to the office and paying a small fee or paying a bigger fee to have it sent to you.

Either way, why the hell should we have to pay to see the evidence against us?

Admittedly, if the photo helps to prove it was not your car you get the money refunded.

Yes I'm a hoon, but only on the track!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 09:31 
User

SafeSpeed wrote:
Except I thought the 'to' field controlled the routing. In fact, if it doesn't, what the hell does?

The routing is controlled by the envelope that you don't get to see unless you're running the incoming SMTP server. The server removes the envelope (which can contain BCC addresses) and passes the contents to your email client. Normally, the content of the To: header is copied to the Envelope-To: header - but this doesn't have to be the case. For example, the SafeSpeed Yahoo group has "safespeed@yahoogroups.com" in the To: header, but sends to each list member using BCC.

HTH,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 03:34 
User

so what happened to David? No updates on his site for a month already?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 14:24 
User

lkylong wrote:
so what happened to David? No updates on his site for a month already?

Yes and I have been unable to email him either, on an ongoing case.
looks like he has been silenced by the old boys club.
such good work to.

his site index page has been deleted and redirected, but you can still access the site by going to :-

http://www.notsoaccurate.com/Page%201.htm

where his last 2 updates include Telewest blocking his phone line communications and Natwest freezing his accounts.

the last contact I had with him was 8th June 2005 :stop: :camera:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 08:18 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

I wouldn’t give up just yet, he had been acknowledged by the Court of Human Rights. Maybe just maybe he had to go into hiding. This wouldn’t surprise me after what he has gone through, and with his health and all that. Only a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 09:49 
User

I think somehow we need to get all the supporters to come together and come up with a plan and campaign to spread the news and educate the public, without unity, there's no way we can beat the government and corrupted organisations!

but then everyone could've care less and won't do a thing even though it's burning right under their ass but they wouldn't bother fighting back because they have other more important things to tend to? Guess it's a problem with this society and there's nothing that can change it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:35 
Site Admin

lkylong wrote:
I think somehow we need to get all the supporters to come together and come up with a plan and campaign to spread the news and educate the public, without unity, there's no way we can beat the government and corrupted organisations!

That's what we're doing here! And with the available resources we're doing incredibly well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 14:31 
User

sorry Paul, in case you thought I was having a go at you. I'm not

of course you're doing quite well, in fact you're doing way more than you have to, but another thing is, I think not enough people know about your site, ie. the people that knows about it is only a minority

also your site should be updated to cater for the rest of the world inc. USA and Australia to gain more publicity and supporters

of course all these cannot all be achieved by yourself, that's why we need more supporters if possible to get together, form a group/team and work together towards a common goal, I just hate to see so many other websites who acknowledges this "speed" problem, but doesn't get much recognition at all, and it's not working, we must get together and plan something, design some car stickers, hand-out brochures, look for sponsorships from car clubs etc.etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 19:30 
New User
New User

I've lost contact with David too. His email account still exists so either he's too scared to reply for fear of being monitored or someone has taken over his account - old boy's network.

Using Google you can easily access all of his pages and save them to your computer - which is a good idea as David once told me he was worried they'd shut his site down and he was thinking about having a mirror outside of the UK.

Did you see how the pensioner who said "nonsense" during the Labour Party conference was ejected from his seat by burley bouncers? The photos on David's website shows what can happen when they think there aren't any cameras about!

What also worried me was David said the national papers refused to touch his story. He thinks the old boy network can reach the tabloids. I'm not so sure of that, but I can't understand why they would ignore his story especially when he has alarming video pictures and lots of documents.

How can we find David and make the nationals pick up the story?

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 20:28 
User

lkylong wrote:

but then everyone could've care less and won't do a thing even though it's burning right under their ass but they wouldn't bother fighting back because they have other more important things to tend to? Guess it's a problem with this society and there's nothing that can change it?

UNITED , WE WIN, DEVIDED , WE FALL,

THIS IS WHAT THE SCAMRATARI ARE DOING :shhh:
keeping us devided and reaping the rewards.

The only way foreward is to combine sites and effort to present a UNITED front to HMG/ BLAIRITES :gossip:

BTW:- What is the next big demo due ?? :listenup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 20:40 
User

Dixie wrote:
I wouldn’t give up just yet, he had been acknowledged by the Court of Human Rights. Maybe just maybe he had to go into hiding. This wouldn’t surprise me after what he has gone through, and with his health and all that. Only a thought.

secondly, He was about to help me with a case of speed and no sign NIP, but I have so far got an adjournment til 12th october 05, for hearing , in order to contact him and get his invaluable guidance, but still no success!!

What I will do next is bluff it, by explaining to the court that I have been unable to contact my expert witness due to inteference by the old boys club, show them the revelant screen printout, and see what happens :reaper: or :oops: or :trolls: or :gatso3: or :drink:

sel-a vie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 13:49 
User

David's site is down!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 13:35 
User

It's only the front page that's dead...

http://www.notsoaccurate.com/Page%201.htm

Still works,

However for those people still trying to contact him, have you tried calling him? or knocking on his front door?

Good luck :roll: