Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 07:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 22:07 
User

The thread entitled "Mr Callaghan speaks out" appears to have disappeared. Could there be any connection with this and Mr Callaghan's recent whingeing on Police-headed notepaper?

Yours in curiosity,

Max

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 22:46 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Unfortunately, yes. However all is far from lost!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 22:47 

I could tell you...

...but then I'd have to kill you! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 23:07 
User

Location: Ex A590 now Southend-On-Mud, Essex, Now Suffolk border
Maybe the CSCP gang are going to star in there own film when they closed, it will be called "The Silence of the Scams"

Wonder who will play Hannibal?

EFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 23:17 

"I ate his licence with some fava beans and a bottle of Cianti..." :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 09:03 
User

antiscam wrote:
Unfortunately, yes. However all is far from lost!

I hope by this you mean that Steve Callaghan is being given a taste of his own medicine for the reprehensible comments he has made about...

Steve Callaghan on the BBC site wrote:
the anti-camera self help websites, they are full of people helping each other lie, cheat perjure and pervert justice to get out of a ticket for speeding.

and
Quote:
the arguments againsty the camera put forward .. are all coming from those with anti-camera history with the exception of Dr Clarke as far as I know whose reasons for involvement I can only guess.

I suspect this is directed at pepipoo rather than us, but it is a far worse statement than anything that has ever been said about the Speedfinder General in here or in his own forum, and his insinuations about Dr Michael Clarke are pernicious and evil. Steve Callaghan has an utter contempt for fairness and justice, thinking that he knows better than both the law and people with more experience and intelligence than him, and the above comments on record underline that.

Why should we run scared of that man - he's a bully, nothing more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:14 
User

Quote:
Mr Callaghan, when I said in an earlier post <<<"the device is designed to be used as a surveying tool, where it very accurately measures distances, and is used as such by some police accident investigators to produce an accurate record of a crash scene. Additional Software can also be employed to use those very accurate range checks, to determine the speed of a vehicle. It does this by interpreting the changing DISTANCE from the device to the vehicle over a set period of time, to calculate the speed." >>> you responded with <<<"how an engraver with no technical knowledge of such devices can now provide credible opinion of laser range finding equipment.">>> implying that as an engraver, I would be unable to explain how the LTI works.
However, in your response to Smeggy's insistance that you address his question, you say <<<Your poits regarding the way in which objects are measured, that being the change in distance over time is correct and the measurement is a function of the movement of the measured object and the movement of the measuring device (that being usually still) resulting in teh speed of the target being displayed>>> which apart from the additional information I appended regarding the LTI's survey capability, seems similar to you over technical description.
Are you letting your ire towards me colour your responses?
I realise that my constant questioning of your methods, and exposure to the press of your questionable actions such as doubling up cameras in order to double the penalty at one site, are irksome, but you should not let this get in the way of accepting mine was a proper description of the LTI's methodology!
You COULD apply to the BBC to have my posts deleted if you find my disclosures worrying, or even apply to have the ISP WITHDRAW their service as you have done with the Safespeed web forum in order to gag me, but sooner or later, you will realise you cannot gag free speech or thought without appearing in court with EVIDENCE. They will not let you simply refuse to reveal information requested under the FOI by the local paper, or refuse to provide equipment to be tested when a respected investigative part of the BBC has demonstrated it might well be flawed!!
Underlying ALL this obfuscation on your part, is the fact cameras do not detain offenders, but allow them to continue offending!!

Above is my response to Mr. Callaghan's most recent post. Thanks to anyone who has been and lent some support!!

THIS might explain his present attitude....
Steve Callaghan wrote:
you know very well I don't have any interest whatsoever in keeping my job.

which he posted on the BBC forum. You read it first THERE!! :o :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 13:10 
User

Ernest :clap: Ist very good reply there! We all know they do not cop the really bad drivers but those who blip over by small margin und are the safe drivers. Ist why we have report that Lancs figures double in first 8 month of year compared to 2004 und why Cumbria ist showing the same. Lot of factors cause accident und this single focus und nit picking on blippers ist not solving any problem - especially when accident caused by drink/drug driving und fatigues ist on increase! Lancs do have a very good initiative with their speed course und there ist no argument with content of this course - but by only focusing on the blippers und inviting these safe marginals only - they can be accused of money making here und not reigning in the ones who really cause these accidents in the first place. It would perhaps be better to have system of warning letter for 36-37 mph in 30 mph zone und offer course instead of points to cut off of say 40mph in 30 mph zone und anything above - points und the course. But then - if they were really serious about improving safety - they would reduce number of scameras und reeploy traffic police who could make a reasonably und better informed professional judgement as to appropriate actions in any case. :roll:

The sub-marinated Liebchen along with his pals at the other scamprats would appear to suffer from tunnel vision .

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!