Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 13:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wimmin on Wheels
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 22:18 
User

Close your ears - meine lieben Kerle. This ist wimmin's talk und I might talk undies und wimmin's bits! :o :o

Everyone seems to talk about men's tackle und bikes und ist some infamous und even notorious German research on effect of lycra und saddles :shock: which ist disputed by CTC und many topest cycling athletes :wink: But we all know about resarch und statistics :D

No matter - if a woman feel any discomfort in her more intimate areas, then she should check out her bike. Saddle etc may not be set correctly for example - ist just like adjusting seat in car :wink: So tinker witht he saddle tilt und height und if this does not work - invest in a recumbent which ist very easy on your bum!

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 22:25 
User

Wise words indeed. Both (all?) genders can suffer from poorly fitting bikes, the nerves and blood supply to ones plumbing should never be overlooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 22:32 
User

OK - so ist time of the monthly blues und all we really want to do ist curl up in ball und make men's life hell :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But some man at CTC ist trying to tell we wimmin that this feeling disappear on bike. (:roll: I would not count on this - Liebchen :twisted: We have knack of really kicking ass over this :twisted: But you had better not cut us up on road - let's put it that way :lol: :lol: :lol: )

But they say that the gentle exercise make the pain of monthly blues go away. (These men have not heard of "Annadin" then :shock: :? ) But they try to sell it by fact we use up the extra calories from the extreme chocolate craving by using this extra intake by furious pedalling :lol: :lol: :lol:

:yikes: IG has cure for this - he would arrest und section wotnot of the so and so Act of whenever :roll:
He und his jolly discreetish chaps take life in hands on this one - I fear. Tackling a woman at delicate time ist :nono:

As for pregnancy und riding bike - CTC person recommend chat with doctor. Ist good exercise but if expecting twins or high bllod pressure - need to talk to doctor about riding und even driving car. Pregnant ladies must take extra care - does not do to fall off in - so we girlies must be careful if deciding to ride whilst with child. :wink: Our joints arebit more elastic in this condition so we have to take extra care with this und any other type of exercise.

However, to protect the bump - consider raising the handlebars. getting a widers und more padded saddle, slow down the pace :( und just be careful :wink: )

Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 22:34 
User

Peyote wrote:
Wise words indeed. Both (all?) genders can suffer from poorly fitting bikes, the nerves and blood supply to ones plumbing should never be overlooked.

Ist very true Liebchen! :love:

Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 23:02 
User

So - now to burning question on every sel respecting woman's lips

wot to wear :wink: Ist not stylish enough to tuck the trouser bottom into the socks nor do wimmin really like the idea of thighs looking like black puddings in lycra shorts :shock: Ist not outfit for Fat Bottomed Girls - despite what late Freddie Mercury thought :wink:

[i] Have slim shapely thighs und can carry this off - but am posting for the wimmin who cannot und would feel like they want ground to swallow up at displaying every bulge in bulge exposing lycra :yikes: Und let us face fact here - ist fabric which ist unkind to even Jerry Hall per paparrazzi print in papers. (She should have rammed camera where some does not shine :wink: )

You can get a skirt guard abroad but we do not see these in UK - so I prefer to wear a SKORT! This ist lycra short with cutest little frill giving chicest shortest frilliest skirt effect. :lol: :twisted: It really stops traffic too :twisted: :twisted:

Und if you combine this with the fishnet tights.... every bloke on planet then slow down und give you space und time... as they want to get in a good look :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: at
our legs! I have pedal pusher calf length trousers und some cosy leggings which really show off my long shapely legs :wink: Und have a SKORT which has wrap around frilly skirt which I can whip off for sassiest effect :twisted: :twisted: Und my skort has pockets too und my lycra shorted bit has a padded seat liner from my more delicate bits! :wink:

Lot of nice outfits to be got these days... I have some pairs of Howie's Paddler trousers which sit low on hip und are calf length und this ist teamed up with a good sports bra, a supporting crop top, jersey with decent pockets und a wind proof high -viz jacket. You need layers which you can add und remove.

I would not ride in high-heeled pointy toe fashion shoes (but I would not drive in these either :wink: ) So I either use trainers or a pair of cycling shoes (und I drive in pair of flat canvas shoes und change into the show which give me the sinewy, sassy gait :lol: )

Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 09:42 
User

Peyote wrote:

Ah, the infamous N.P.S. (Numb Pen1$ Syndrome) - not fun!! If you've been in the saddle for many hours you don't actually notice the feeling's gone until you 'check it's still there'. :) Doesn't do you any long term harm - but a bit worrying the first time it happens! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:26 
Gold Member
Gold Member

hobbes wrote:
Ah, the infamous N.P.S. (Numb Pen1$ Syndrome) - not fun!! If you've been in the saddle for many hours you don't actually notice the feeling's gone until you 'check it's still there'. :) Doesn't do you any long term harm - but a bit worrying the first time it happens! :oops:

if it happens then your saddle either doesn't fit you or isn't adjusted correctly. Your weight should be on your 'sit' bones, not any fleshy bits. In other words those really uncomfortable looking saddles are likely to be better than the well padded cushy looking ones.