Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 20:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 21:47 
User

Emma Davies Jones has been nominated for "Cheshire Woman of The Year"

As most on here know - I reported the sad incident which nearly killed Emma - and the injury following her hit and run incident almost paralysed her.

Emma has 28 days to recover before next month's Commonwealths in which she hopes to win glories for Great Britain.

However, Emma has not been nominated for the sheer courage and determination to compete for her country at national level.

This lady was so grateful to Salford's Neurologists and Spinal experts at Hope Hospital saving her career - that she has tirelessly raised funds for the Spinal Unit

"Cheshire Life Magazine " has nominated her because of these two factors and particularly because her work will benefit other people. Emma was told about the nomination after returning from a training session in Spain - and she is training harder than she did for the Athens Olympics.

Emma wrote:

I am delighted to be nominated and proud that throught this incident I have been able to raise awareness, not only of my sport but of spinal injury.

Training is going well - I went to Majorca for a week and I am hitting all the targets set for me.

Obviously they are not the targets I would have been training for if I had not had the accidents and whilst a gold is out of the question at this stage - we are looking at the possibilty of bronze or even silver.

I am training six days per week for four to five hours and I have to split the day in two to allow my body to recover - but things are going well

Despite this rigorous training - the cyclist is still raising funds for Hope Hospital and to follow Emma's campaign and cycling hopes - visit

www.emmadaviesjones.co.uk

I am sure we are all wishing this girl a place on the medal rostrum :clap:

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 02:07 
User

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Way to Go!

:bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1:

She DID it!

BRONZE!

:bow:

Lets

:listenup:

HEAR IT for EMMA! :clap:

After winning her bronze in the Commonwealth Games - she was choking back the tears. I felt a lump in my own throat. This girl ... wow! :angel:

As you recall - just months ago - she was in hospital - hit and run

:censored: - :furious: - On the good news side - man due to appear in court for fail to report and undue care .. (hum - not dangerous then :roll: Oh well - perhaps they could not make it "stick"

The accident caused a bone fragment to come loose and lodge just millimetres from her spinal cord. Had not the passer-by insisted she kept absolutely still - this could had paralysed her - permanently. :cry:

No one knows who the guy was ... and Emma's full of praise for the team of medics who put her back together again - and literally willed her and encouraged her to "get back to it" . She pays a moving tribute to my pals down at at the Salford hospital - let's hear for fot the medic too! :clap:

Anyway - back to Emma who says that but for these medics and especailly her Mum helping her through those dark days - she would never have "made it and that there were days when the sheet pain made her want to sleep and never wake up again.!"

Yep - can identify ... but then as she said

Quote:

Once I got up and started the physio and then moved to training and getting my life back - I realised this was actually not quite as hard as anticipated... and just getting back to normality - without having someone feed and bed-bath you - and just thinking how many people made this possible .... I did not want to let them down

A truly brave woman - an inspiration to all! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Now all she wants to do?

Go home to her Mum! :lol: :lol:

I think Emma has already more than made her Mum's Mother's Day complete :lol:

And I'm sure all on this board are all delighted that she not only recovered but achieved so much for herself, country and the sport as well :bow:

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 22:17 
User

OK TEd

For the medics :listenup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:

For Emma

:cloud9:

BRAVO! :thumbup :bighand: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :clap: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :clap1: :clap1: :jester: :jester: :jester: :angel: :thumbsup: :veryhappy: :veryhappy: :veryhappy: :jester: :D

A very brave woman and I wish her all the best for her next achievements. A GOLD perhaps in the next Olympics?

Yes Ted - she deserves respect after all she's been through. You are right to sing for her here :wink:

PS - most of my posts using the little guys.. I put some of my own dosh into the Crime Victim Funds ...

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.