All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 08:54 
User

ed_m wrote:
Mad Moggie wrote:
[like a warm shower on return... helps the muscles to relax normally

tsk tsk tsk.. no no no :roll: :lol:

ice cold bath for 5mins....... withdraw the blood, flush all those nasty byproducts out of the muscles... and cool off. double bonus.

Bath - b-b-but there's a drought order... :?

I-ice -c-c-cold :yikes: B--but you then eat more as your body demands energy to warm up.... :P

Think I'll stick to a nice warmish shower. :wink:

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 20:36 
User

Homer wrote:
Rhythm Thief wrote:
when compared to cars bikes are responsible for rather fewer used tyres in landfill sites!

Are they?

When a car tyre wears out the old one is taken away to be disposed of in an enviromentally friendly fashion (or so my local tyre n brake place tell me).

Ok, sorry. I should have said, there's a bigger car tyre mountain to dispose of than the eqiuivalent in bike tyres, or something. Not forgetting the rest of the vehicle when it wears out. I've got two dead cars (a Volvo 240 estate and a Citroen Dyane, if anyone wants some spares) downstairs and I can't do much with the bits myself, but there's no such thing as a dead bike in this household. Everything any good off a worn out bike is kept in the bits box and reused sooner or later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 20:46 
User

Rhythm Thief wrote:
Homer wrote:
Rhythm Thief wrote:
when compared to cars bikes are responsible for rather fewer used tyres in landfill sites!

Are they?

When a car tyre wears out the old one is taken away to be disposed of in an enviromentally friendly fashion (or so my local tyre n brake place tell me).

Ok, sorry. I should have said, there's a bigger car tyre mountain to dispose of than the eqiuivalent in bike tyres, or something. Not forgetting the rest of the vehicle when it wears out. I've got two dead cars (a Volvo 240 estate and a Citroen Dyane, if anyone wants some spares) downstairs and I can't do much with the bits myself, but there's no such thing as a dead bike in this household. Everything any good off a worn out bike is kept in the bits box and reused sooner or later.

You'd be amazed at what my wife can do with odd bits and bobs from a car. She designed our lawn mower for starts.. it seems to be a mush of various bits and bobs .. but bottom line is .. unlike Marianna (her cousin in Wales and part of the Swiss "rebellious riff raff" posting to former Cumbrian site - who spent well over £1,000 on a lawn mower/tractor .. Wildy spent a fraction of this and I have a lawn tractor made up of spares and based on our combined childhood go-kart adventures - which goes at some speed 8-) , saves us a lot of time and cuts the grass! 8-) If you are skilled in manoeuvring - it even gives stripes and is perfect for training kittens in handling controls :wink:

I think I marrried the ideal woman .. sexpot.. with a brain and love of the right things in life :lol:

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.