Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 00:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Racing home
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 13:52 
User

I had a race with another roadie on the way home last night reaching speeds of nearly 30 mph, it was really fun. I was ahead by a bit, stopped at a red light, saw the other guy coming up behind (slow coach) and as I went to speak to him, he just zoomed passed straight through the red. :x

Was not amused!!!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Racing home
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 21:40 
User

Bewildered wrote:
I had a race with another roadie on the way home last night reaching speeds of nearly 30 mph, it was really fun. I was ahead by a bit, stopped at a red light, saw the other guy coming up behind (slow coach) and as I went to speak to him, he just zoomed passed straight through the red. :x

Was not amused!!!

Nor would I be amused. Of course :twisted: - I can at least do summat about it :twisted:

:shock: 30 mph .. :D :twisted: :lol:

:shock: you speedster you!

So what make's your trusty partner?
Must be a seriously good one for you to make that kind of progress - and of course you must be very fit too. (My secret's out .. it's them jelly babies! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: )

I have two bikes - a Giant and Stinky mountain bike. Also about to shell out some serious cash on a new bike and it's a tough choice amongst the four on my wish list and within my budget. (Been saving up for a while now - and I've now saved up enough of my "pocket money" :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: to choose between a Trek, a Swiss (of course :wink: , a Scott or perhaps a TIME - a bike I fell in love and have more or less "coveted" since CW's excellent review some time back. Have test ridden - lovely! divine! and just within my budget. 8-) )

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 17:03 
User

My trusty steed is in fact a £500 Claud Butler. I don't thing spending another £1000 would actually make me any faster. As they say, it's the engine that counts. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 15:07 
User

Bewildered wrote:
My trusty steed is in fact a £500 Claud Butler. I don't thing spending another £1000 would actually make me any faster. As they say, it's the engine that counts. :wink:

True.. but you'd be amazed at the difference between some of these bikes and the way they respond to your power :twisted: I have decided on the "Time" and have spent a lovely week getting to know "her!" My wife decided to acquaint herself with my old bike.. :wink: And changed its gender - my Giant is now a "bloke called Tom" :roll:

wimmin :roll:

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.