Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 05:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Air Con
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 20:32 
User

Cant remember the name of that strange Harrison Ford film about the Guy with a strange obsession about Ice... But he was right!

Ice (Or artificial cooling) is a sign of civilisation!

Any shaved monkey can keep warm in a cold enviroment! but keeping cool in a hot one!

OOoooh Yesss!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Air Con
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 22:16 
Life Member
Life Member

Mosquito coast?

Just Googled - The Mosquito Coast

and there I was thinking my memory was going off in my old age!

26C and 40% humidity in the office - at 9am! The air con was turned on eventually when it hit 29 @ 45% which brought it down to 25. Still a good 4C above my comfort zone. If the server room wasn't so noisy I'd spend the day in there.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 09:45 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dusty wrote:
Any shaved monkey can keep warm in a cold environment! but keeping cool in a hot one!

OOoooh Yesss!
Probably setting myself up for a bit of ribbing here, but you don’t realise how much heat is kept-in with your hairy chest. (And that’s just the women :P )

For any baldies here, if you have ever shaved your head it feels like you have stuck it in a bucket of cold water when the wind blows. So although these fine gossamer hairs look non-existent they actually make a big difference.

What’s the point of hair anyway? I thought it was for protection but, if so, why does my Greek mate Christos have a thick rug on his bonce whereas I have a bowling ball head? What’s that about Mr Dawin :? What possible point is there for male pattern baldness, unless it's to make us more unattractive so we need to use our brains more to get women.. :D

So then, my tip today for all you Hirsutes is shave your bits and you will feel fresher and cooler :bighand:

You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 08:53 
User

I find hairyness interesting from an evolutionary POV. (Particularly the ability to grow beards) It is NOT clear that it is nececarrily related to cold (I dont believe Inuit grow beards)

I also find the modern habit of shaving intertesting. I suspect it goes rather deeper than just being more comfortable. It certainly goes back a long way (Greeks and Romans shaved)

You are actually activly removing the most obvious (certainly from a distance) Adult Male secondry sexual charactoristic. making us all look like Boys or adolescents. Now why should we do this????

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:06 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dusty wrote:
You are actually activly removing the most obvious (certainly from a distance) Adult Male secondry sexual charactoristic. making us all look like Boys or adolescents. Now why should we do this????
So Irish priests have a biigger selection? :twisted:

Well I'm off out today with the best air con of all; my Motorbike wearing summer gear. It's like a string vest with armour. It's also the most fun you can have with your clothes on :)

You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 18:03 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

Benjamin Harrison was the last US President to have a beard (in office 1889-93).

I think the Marquess of Salisbury, who finally left office in 1902, was the last British Prime Minister to have one.

Any views expressed in this post are personal opinions and may not represent the views of Safe Speed