Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 21:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Police Camera Action!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 23:12 
User

OK .. so it hosted by someone copped for driving whilst above legal limit . twice :roll:

But no matter...

Last week ..whilst putting forth some of the "party dogma" .. at least showed a police officer saying that most accidents are caused by the failure to concentrate .. observe .. anticipate .. :scratchchin: :wink:

This week.. the presenter took a police test.. und declared it "hard work". It also featured some footage of Durham at work :yikes: They said there was real skill in the way the team pulled together to box in und stop the fool in the stolen car. :bow:

It also had 5 drivers retake a driving test...

OAP.. Mumpty.. Sales Rep.. Boy Racer und .,.. White Van Man :yikes:

Now .. the new exam (from 2003/2004) has a section on basic car maintenance on basis that this helps you keep a healthy car on road und understand what happen under bonnet.

We always had this as part of our L-test in Germany/Austria/Switzerland. My own Papa insisted we all knew how to strip a car engine down und completely overhaul it too... before he agreed to any driving lessons funded by him :lol: He said that if you understood how a car engine worked.. you better able to understand how to handle to the vehicle.

They all apparently passed this test.

They did a hazard awareness test... NONE passed this. But then this test involve clicking when you perceive the hazard und if you click too early or too late or hit more than once.. the computer "think you manipulate it somehow und fail you". We discover that this ist a skill which can be learned by practice on the keyboard und it work a little in the same way as Lewis became "au fait" with the race tracks by "virtual practice as much as practical practice" :wink:

The complacent Sales Rep und the Boy Racer failed the practical on observation .. whilst the OAP on hesitation und some observation flaws. None of them seemed able to reverse into a parking space you could get a bend bus into either :banghead:

The Mumpty und the White Van Man passed the actual observed drive though.. und this pass (actual drive) from the white van man backs what Paulie posted once in defence of the White Van Man und some ropey stats at the time.

The programme concluded by stating that two thirds of all accident occurred by silly mistakes/errors caused by fails to concentrate.. observe.. anticipate..

Errr .... so :scratchchin:

Again we are back to C O A S T :popcorn:

So why then so many speed cams... adverts about speed und only speed being the only thing causing accident?

Ach :banghead:

Educating the COAST .. that COST cash.

Speed cam.. that RAISE cash.

I'd rather spend on educating und policing than risk more carnage out there by insisting a speed cam ist the "saviour of mankind at their travel".

Und why were all the folk speeding .. unlicenced chavs in their pratmobiles? :scratchchin: who also turned out to be drunk.. unlicenced.. uninsured.. in cars which were held together by rust? :banghead: I noted all copped by pursuing cops. None by a Gatso... :popcorn:

Edited clips.... but still copped on a camera :wink:

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:26 
Life Member
Life Member

WildCat wrote:
OK .. so it hosted by someone copped for driving whilst above legal limit . twice :roll:

I saw this weeks episode, I note he was conspicuously absent during the piece on drink driving.

Blondie (Boris) said it best, (when referring to blair). I’d really want to pin him up against a palm tree and slap him around and get the truth out of him about a few things we need a bit of elucidation.

Profile Send private message