Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 13:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Speed Camera quote
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 06:50 
Banned
Banned

Don't want to raise 'Speed Camera revenue' then don't speed.

(Before others like thatsnew twist the above around, I didn't say speed cameras raises revenue, I found the quote off the Internet)

But then if you don't want to raise revenue, then don't pay your bills such as rego, drivers licence etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:35 
User

I find your sanctimonious spouting offensive in the light of my own experience.
http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15275&highlight=guilty

The VILLAGERS of Ings asked for the speed limit - as have several other villagers along the same route, but with less success - the financial rewards would be less likely!
The road safety officers and highways agency NEVER believed a limit was necessary - until speed cameras were about to be introduced.
It is nothing more than a speed TRAP, and a poorly rigged one at that, which has been prone to go off at half cock.

NONE of the accidents at the site have involved speeding - Cumbria Safety Camera Partnership figures - two in fact were the result of drivers taken ill at the wheel, and coming off the road.

The REAL causes of accidents along this road remain largely unaddressed because of the fixation on speed.
Illegal speeding is well down the list of causes, at only 3% of accidents caused. It's people like you who are misguided, illadvised and illinformed who are responsible.

Two years ago this month Richard Gray, a young driver lost his life just along the road, because despite quite specific warnings from myself on this site, and to the authorities, NOTHING was done about a potential lethal road set up, and his inexperience led to a fatal crash, which could so easily have killed more.
I even urged the CSCP to monitor the stretch of road in question - which they did, but FAILED to do anything about it because speed was not involved, and there was no money in it for them.

They are like leeches - parasites who are full of their own importance, and have a firm belief in the infallibility of their equipment. When the going gets tough and they asked searching questions, they bury their heads in the sand, or release half truths or tell lies to cover up their inadequacy.

I guess you are in danger of being judged by the company you keep!

I am old in our local paper that the alterations I called for two years ago are finally about to be realised.... and our local county councillors are queuing up to take the credit! :x

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Speed Camera quote
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 14:56 
New User
New User

I like the way you say what you think Ernest. :)

Last edited by LyndaPasley on Fri Nov 24, 2023 17:10, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 16:47 
User

LyndaPasley wrote:
I like the way you say what you think Ernest. :)

Thank you! I take the safety of myself and others very seriously, and have had to put up with threats from the then manager of the Cumbria Safety Camera Partnership.

When he famously stated that all the camera vans were clearly visible, I posted a picture showing one hidden from view - and he claimed I had taken the picture when it was not there!
I do not have to stoop so low! He finally had the gall to object to my revealing that he had misrepresented the truth on many occasions!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 18:37 
Life Member
Life Member

I'd forgotten about crw... happy memories :loco: :lol: